Sunday, January 16, 2005

to you...

Another Sunday morning... another week gone by another week ahead. A Simon and Garfunkel songs wafts through the air. The soft lyrics, the sweet music. A balm to heal the pain. Theres lots i want to say. But no ear to heed me.

Some times, i'm a bird flying into the distant horizon hoping to find land. Sometimes i'm an African slave deep in the hull of a ship sailing towards the Americas, taking me away from home. Sometimes i'm a lover, pining for my unrequited love. Cofused. Damned. Worried. Crazy and yet madly in love. Sometimes i'm the mountain, towering above all the clouds, the sun shining bright on my icy cap. I could be the frothing, gurgling fountain making my way down the beautiful mountain side i wish i could be. Yes i am also the lonesome cactus in the desert, oblivious. I am the song of pain a lonely poet wrote.

I'm all the joy in the world, all the pain, all the beauty. But theres still someone who's greater than me. More beautiful, more happy, more sad. More meldious, brighter than the sun, darker than the night. Colder than the blizzard, fiercer than the storm.

She makes me humble, makes me small, diminishes my stature to nothingness...


No comments: