Wednesday, January 26, 2005

spent

I feel like killing the whole world. When can I find to sit in the warm sunshine, on a cold winter’s morning listening to Simon and Garfunkel croon about being homeward bound. When do I have any time. She aptly said: time flies, tempus fugit.

“The fringed curtains of thine eye advance,
And say what thou seest yond”

No later does the world come together in a vicious grip, tightening squeezing every ounce, drop and iota of my energy. I suffocate.

Today was one of the worst. The meeting got over at 2 a.m. I went to Katoch’s room to write a lab. By 3:30 a.m. I was through with two pages and had nodded off to sleep. Katoch woke me up and asked me to come back in the morning. I cycled on a FREEZING January night from RK to NH. It was one of the purest experiences. Woke up at around 10 a.m. after pushing off to sleep at around 4:30 a.m. Ran to Katoch picked up the notices that were photocopied in the morning, and the lab report. Our experiment ran into 12 pages of writing and I got busy with that. Hurried through lunch , skipped my alternate day bath and ran off to class dog-tired.

After being on a constant dope and liquor high for a stretch of 2 days during SF. After being pushed through 4 hour nights on a heavy dosage of extreme stimulants, I’m presently having withdrawal symptoms. That’s what Katoch says, in fact it seems plausible too, coz I’m normally never tired after a 5 and a half hour sleep. I’m nodding off wherever I sit quietly for a while.

Anyways after a relatively peaceful lab I run to catch an Amitav Ghosh lecture. Too bad I was totally out of sorts today, or else I would have definitely enjoyed the talk immensely. I seriously have never read up such a versatile author in recent times. And man! He looks SO dignified. WHITE hair, black suit, and a red rose in the breast pocket. He looked classy.

After this I ran to Basant’s room to pick up the C-Up Your skills problem statements, and the notices. One glitch led to another… all were inevitabilities, and the notices got delayed by 1 hour.

And after all that happened we got jhaaroed by the heads today.

For the last 24 hours I haven’t had a single second to myself. I feel frust, dead and done with. I need a punching bag. I could make each head run naked on the streets right now, this cold night. I’m tired beyond imagination. My nerves are frayed and I’m absolutely spent. My nicotine consumption has shot up like never before, because now I can’t carry on any more on my own. I’m running full time on support systems (stimulants). In fact at present i'm too tired even to carry on any further. I need to shout at some one...


will do it but some other time now... bye

No comments: