Monday, July 11, 2005

tagged

Ok i know i may sound a big spoilsport and all that, but i hate tagging. I consider them to be the new avatar of email-fwds and just as boring. To the poeple whom i tag. I have no personal enmity with you. I am short of people to tag and thus had to pick on you. The onus lies completely with you to fulfil this chain thingie. If you like this tagging business, unlike me, please go ahead and tag all your friends.


Three names I go by:
I have thankfully never had pet names and have always been referred to by my actual name. Maybe I’m not loved, but I like it this way.

Three screen names:
1) gotta_keep_smiling
2) champagne_supernova045
3) ebaar_kali_tomay_khabo

Three things I like about myself:
1) ability to mix with almost any kind of person
2) nonchalance: enabling me to detach myself from any kind of excessive emotional attachment
3) my athleticism (I’m good at almost any kind of outdoor sport)

Three things I dislike about myself:
1) nonchalance: end up hurting people attached to me emotionally or otherwise
2) inability to be an efficient multi-tasker
3) inability to say no


Three things that scare me:
1) never attending a U2 concert
2) mess food
3) never meeting the significant other and getting cornered by my parents into an arranged marriage (maybe to early to worry about this, but I was read a blog on this and was it scary…)

Three essentials:
1) good music
2) good books
3) good food

Three things I like in the opposite sex:
1) good conversation (very very essential)
2) the smell of her hair
3) and a few specific common interests (not essential tho…)

Three things badly want to do now:
1) go for a swim
2) play football
3) eat all the prawn delicacies I’ve had till date for the whole of next week

Three careers I’m considering right now:
1) trek guide in the Himalayas
2) research (aerial photogrammetry, mapping)
3) an mba

Three places I’d love to visit: (this is way unfair, there are so many places to go to)
1) ride a bike through Spiti and Mana valleys and then ride into Leh through the Leh-Manali Highway, thus fulfilling my desire of revisiting Leh
2) travel along the Silk Route through the Hindu Kush and the Pamirs
3) make it to the Everest Base Camp someday

Three kids names I like:
None in particular. But they’d have to end with an “o” or “u”, else my Bangaliana shall be threatened.


Three things I want to do before I die:
1) attend a U2 concert
2) win 100 ms gold at the Olympics with a world record timing
3) watch myself in slow-mo doing the above

And finally the people who get tagged by me are:

1)tempus fugit
2)jaded
3)waltzing matilda

14 comments:

Lancelot said...

wat nonsense!! my nickname(actual one) doesnt end with 'o' or 'u'. y shud it threaten bangaliana??? hmm hope u keep ur inability to say no (!!!) that way when the same starts :D

Lancelot said...

sorry ota "sem" hobe

Dipanjan Das said...

amar naam-o o ba u diye shesh hoy na

Cristina said...

mmm never been tagged before...should be ok with it as long as 1.shall not seriously harm me in any way (am a whimp, really) 2. it's not like parents keeping an eye on you (I don't know, this term "tagged"..I think I have a few more than a couple of things I could be reprimented for) 3. it does not mean I have to keep up some sort of behaviour ranging between sensible and clear-headed. other than that..wow thanx! just woke up. will eat my cereals reading your blog now. nice to meet you, sir!

Teleute said...

uff... i agree! taggin's a pain.
tor favourite anon commentor abar amake book-tag korechhe. am determined nt to do it till b4 nxt week.
:D

Acroyali said...

@lancelotstake & dd: as a very famous teacher from school put it: if you are a Bengali and your nickname doesn't end with an "o" or a "u", you are not loved. Both of u seem to be exceptions but try recalling bong nicknames.

@waltzing_matilda: happy to kno ur fine with being tagged. you're always welcome.

@teleute: amar favourite anon comments-er author ta ke??

jaded said...

thanx for taggin me and thanx for droppin a comment.keep doing so, hope to see ur comments again and will definately take ur advices to heart.."aye,aye skipper"

Anonymous said...

u said it about U2 man, heard rumours they might come to India, but u no i always feel the young blooded bono, edge and co. of 80s ,in concert could never be matched by the band now, in a stadium at least....

Acroyali said...

@koch: hey even i heard those rumours, and scoured u2.com for confirmations. but yes, the present day band is too matured and glitzy and glamorous. the raw energy and passion ruefully have been lost in the years...

@jaded: your welcome. and i do hope u keep posting more frequently...

Gee said...

cappy are u? nahole excessive emotional attachment theory ta tor hoto na, so typical!
tao bhalo je tui realise koris it hurts ppl!
ask dc abt this "discourse on cappys"

Gee said...

achha toke yahoo te add korle problm achhe?

Acroyali said...

@ herenow: nopes kono problm nei... gotta_keep_smilin

Teleute said...

update kor! saradin baari-te bose... blog khule barbar eki jinis dekhe bore hoye jacchhi.

Anonymous said...

i agree with teleute .update kor....