Wednesday, September 08, 2010

It's evening now and dusk advances faster than my clock. I sit in an empty room, without any furniture, whitewashed walls. The single window opens to a tree whose branches silhouette against the darkening sky. I hear crows cawing as they settle in for the night. I'm all ears today. I have a lot to say but I'd rather listen to you tonight. If you were willing to speak, I'd love you to fill me on what you've been up to. Of how much you hate living here. Of how much you want to quit. Of your stupid boss and barely bearable colleagues. Of how badly you want to be home. Of...

My tales are of dark green forests and the emerald green sea. Of colours and sounds far removed from after office traffic snarls. Of another world... But my stories will wait for another day. Today, I only hope to listen.

1 comment:

Roy said...

good to see you writing again