Friday, September 05, 2008

wishing to...

go back in time. read gibran and poems which talk of my life better than I'd myself had ever been able to. live in the kca and know that I can walk to the fort in under 10 minutes to see the prettiest sunset followed by a frothing sea lash away at the rocks below in silver moonlight. spend sundays eating pizza and watching tv. eat reshmi tikka biryani at cafe noorani for the n-th time. set off aimlessly from home and end up reading my book by marine drive. be on the early morning flight to delhi , look down at the mist covered views of bombay and feel the chill in my spine as the sun rose above the clouds illuminating the entire sky in an explosion of brilliant orange. just know that the day ahead would be one of the best memories i ever had. run across the red sandstone corridor of the masjid, walk in the crowded lanes behind it and have another lunch at karim's. stand outside delhi airport waiting to go in in time for my flight wishing this wasn't the final goodbye.

i want to go back in time and then freeze it there, press play and then stop, rewind and play again. each time i'd do something different and enjoy every moment of the million possibilities. and never come back to now.

No comments: