Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rain

The rain fell through the entire night. Speeding and slowing down as it pleased. I slept an intermittent fitful sleep and everytime I woke up I heard the drops sound on the leaves and the brick walkways outside my balcony. A mish mashed patter of soft sounds. I thought of you and how I almost had everything perfect and then somewhere down the road I began losing you to my fears. I remembered a similar rainy night a few months back. It was stormy and thunderous then and I couldn't sleep. I felt warm and fuzzy that day.

There aren't too many memories, you can argue, and I'd agree. Probably there are just a few of them playing out different variations in my head, seeming to be numerous. All with different possibilities and outcomes; pleasant ones and almost dreamlike, from the recent past. A time I hold to be the best in my life yet. I don't know where this is going or where I want to go with it.

A night by the beach and cheap liquor I need. Hopefully I'll be prepared to face the downpour better.

No comments: