Friday, July 18, 2008

incoherent

It's another Friday night in WIMWI land. Three weeks down; numerous quizzes, case studies, sleepless nights, fatigue until you collapse moments, feeling in the pits moments and coming back to lifes. And yet it's just been three weeks.

My FSI prof said I'd learn to beat the system soon. I don't know about it yet. But I guess, in the midst of it all, there are some things that keep you going. A parallel world I can escape to whenever I feel like. Where I am me. Where I can lie on my back, smell the air and look at the blue skies. Where I go everytime I switch off the lights in my room, play some soft Joan Baez, pull my chair to the neem-tree balcony and play along on my harmonica. Where I travel unkown cities and realise I'm not lost, where I find parts of me in pieces and in wholes. And everytime I find that person, everything starts making sense again. It's like finding someone you're most confortable with.

And even though the temptation to turn this fantastic magical world real is immense, I know I won't; I can't. The fear of losing its magic, its charm is much greater. I long for some amazing times the past had. Some most unique and beautiful. I'm lucky they happened. For I can derive joy out of any one such incident. Derive satisfaction enough to take me through the weeks here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really wonder how all this would feel after a year at work .. but well i guess it must be something really .. and profs already giving you beat the system advice eh.. imagine baidya saying something like that btw :P what is WIMWI?

Acroyali said...

nishant- wimwi= Well known Institute of Management in Western India.

Lancelot said...

bawa, u hav this get-notified-when-someone-posts thingie on! neem-tree!!! so long since i saw one, and i grew up with one at home!!!

"I long for some amazing times the past had." jealous of the past! hmm... cant win there! trust me, i've tried! :P

Acroyali said...

lance- yea :), try the reader feature on google.