Thursday, June 30, 2005

why blog.. and more...

I've been feeling a little sick from sometime, but that hasn't stopped me from wondering. Wondering about my blog and trying to reasses why people blog.

I initially started my blog as a personal page thingie. It was a tough time for me. An emotionally draining and confusing period. And thus the blog was supposed to help me ease off by writing it all out. I used to keep a diary when i was younger and so this was more like moving with the times. In those initial days i made my blog public only to a handful of people. People who meant a lot to me. People whom i knew could help me ease off by offering a patient hearing. And some did too. To me then it was more of an exercise of facing my fears by writing about things and a way of communicating my feelings in writing ( i ALWAYS find that easier) to the few people i wanted to.

For quite sometime following that, i blogged sporadically and infrequently. But slowly as one thing led to another, i started discovering the blog world and reading about people whom i had maybe run into once or twice or knew sometime or the other. I realized that blogging is born more out of every humans craving for attention. And slowy but surely it got to me too. I began publicising my blog. Dropping in comments on other peoples posts hoping they'd drop by too. Now, quite a few poeple read this blog.

But today i realized, as i was recovering from a rather bluesy day and a half, that at times i regret having done so. I realize that now i can't reverse the process. I couldn't write about all the things that were bothering me; like yesterday. I miss the hiding place my blog initially provided.

....................................

Coming to back to the regular features:

I must say it was amazing to watch Brazil cream Argentina yesterday. I never thought they'd do them in that bad. I'm not an Argentina fan but neither am i all gung-ho about Brazil.

Its back to enjoying tennis on TV too. Its mind boggling to see Roddick serve like the way he does. Calculating, using some data regarding tennis court dimensions, it turns out that a 135 mph serve from his racquet would reach you within 0.45 seconds. Some more calculations shall lead you to the astounding discovery that to reach this potential ace you would need to generate an acceleration of 12.91 m/s*s i.e. your racquet must be accelerating towards the oncoming fuzzy green mass at that acceleration!! This is more than a G force!! Makes you marvel at this simple, quiet and regular looking fellow called Federer doesn't it??

I played football after a whole week in our sloshy para field. Scored 1 goal and set up the other, but missed a million more. A lot of snails come into the isolated puddles in the field and turn out to be really dangerous. Broken mollusk shells are as good as shards of glass. I got myself a gash in the first day of play itself. But nothing can beat the fun of a para football match.

12 comments:

Acroyali said...

@TF: nothing much, one of those sudden attacks of gloom i often suffer from, for varied and complex reasons. anyways its much better now. still raining like crazy in kgp??

Teleute said...

"I miss the hiding place my blog initially provided"

u kno, works kinda differently fr me. i smtimes wish dat ppl who kno me wudn't read m blog. coz i can't put m deepest, darkest feelins n secrets dwn... it's d anonymity of bloggin dat i find comfortable. wish everyone who read m blog were strangers. :D

Lancelot said...

hey definitely rainy season...outside the "crazy rains in kgp", i mean!! Football in sloshy grounds is something i hav missed since i was 13 i think!!

Acroyali said...

@Teleute: "wish everyone who read m blog were strangers".. feel the same way too. but with me it oscillates. somtimes you want absolute strangers to be the only visitors and at times you'd want ppl. you know to visit too...

@lancelotstake: thankfully i'm allowed the muddy luxury even today...here it rained jus a lil tday morning since i came back but its nice and cool and overcast.

Calvin said...

thanks for dropping by dude..

good to read your blog.. and all the kgp memories come flooding back. ahh, good times, good times :-)

Dipanjan Das said...

great post! but a bit of a paradox :), you wrote something for which the blog once again became your pipe to drain off your pent up feelings...:D

Acroyali said...

@s!: thank you, and lets widen the circle. would you mind if i linked you up?

@DD: well "paradox", thats what it's all about. if we were predictable we'd get boring...

@TF: i know that feeling...:D

Teleute said...

eki? update kothay?

Acroyali said...

tor moto updates diley dis is wht it looks like:

*burp*....kichudi for lunch! ebaar naak deke ghoom!

Dipanjan Das said...

@reply: :)), wish i had khichudi for lunch. but will have war of the worlds as supper :D.

Teleute said...

i'm eatin khichudi n ilish maachh bhaja fr lunch!

* smug smile *

Calvin said...

feel free to.. isme poochne ki kya baat hain?! :-)