Wednesday, June 08, 2005

hmmm...

Naah i really can't think of anything good or better, anyhting with which i may lay claim. Claim to my amateurish writing. Nothing to hold your attention tonight. Nothing which may bring a smile to your face (do i ever do that?). I have run out of steam and now i despair at my state of disrepair. Sorry if i dissapointed you. I was thinking of a poem. But i am bad at that. I feel safe in the refuge of prose.

My media player is playing a song by Collective Soul called "When The Water Falls". Its a troublesome song, it asks questions. Why are questions troublesome?? I don't know. Finished reading "Arms And The Man". It was a wonderful read and i realized that Bernard Shaw is someone i haven't explored at all.

.....................................
I'm one month down, with regards to my summer break. And till now i have passed time reading, sleeping, watching movies and doing what i love best: playing football in the para. I'm a decent footballer. Infact thats part of my claim to fame at IIT. I'm a left forward but i always makhao in front of the goal. There are a few things other than football (U2) about which i can talk like a man possessed. I can bore even the most patient listner and not even NOTICE.

.....................................
Of late i have been totally enamoured of Marco Polo. Yes and thats probably only half as crazy as i can be. I've been pondering over the whole thing and realized i was EXTREMELY interested in Central Asian History. Mostly ethnic history, anthropology. Did you know that theres a valley in North Pakistan called the Hunza valley, where the locals are supposed to be direct decendants of Alexander The Great! Theres even more. There are supposed to be small villages around Leh, in Ladakh that are so inaccessible that no one has ever visited them since probably the Aryans during 1700 B.C. (which is 3705 years ago!!). And the people in those villages are probably the purest ethnic specimens of any kind. They are the purest specimens of Aryans, unspoilt owing to millennia of inbreeding.

The inaccessibility has helped in the preservation of the culture and way of life as it was a few millennia back. I have this overpowering feeling that there still are pockets in those outrageously beautiful mountains where history has been preserved. Where time has stood still and nothing has changed. And i die a million deaths thinking about how it would be to visit such a place. How it would be to stumble upon such a piece of history? I wonder....

.......................................
Movies to watch at the theatre:
1) Bunty Aur Babli
2) Parineeta

I am a sucker for movies which have the Parineeta kind of look. Saif and Vidya Balan on the nouka in the middle of Ganga nadi with Howrah Bridge in the background. Its a killer scene. Then again the train wala scene, the steam engine spewing clean white smoke in the lush green jungle. Vidya Balan looks like the dream bangali bou.

.....................................

More about my silky long tresses later. I havent had a haircut since last pujo yay! And my chool looks even more rapchik!

1 comment:

Dipanjan Das said...

hi. great to get your comment. i knew who you are before you wrote the comment :), thanks to orkut. keep writing. one of the better blogs i have read.