Thursday, June 16, 2005

Humidity be damned!!

The comforting thing is, i have a sneaky feeling that people are actually reading my modest humble blog. Obviously its a very concerting thought but i would encourage you to put in those comments and to remove any sort of misconception you may have about me being a human flesh devourer. This observation about people dropping by and reading this page crept up on me because i find that the no. of people visiting has been on the decline since i didn't blog for quite a few days. Though there appear to be still some loopholes in this theory, it should sort itself out after the small experiment i'm subjecting the page to is over and done with.

Anyways.... its been HUMID for the past few days and i realize that it gets to me pretty much more than i ever thought it would. I just can't wait for the first rains to come crashing down but then my thoughtful mind turns overcast when i realize that this is just mid June! Funny thing is i'm now looking forward to get back to Kgp because i know it'll be less humid but more hot. And i'm craving for change even though the deal might turn out to be for the worse. Yes i have to go back and give a suppli exam. A third term scar a lot of seniors had warned me about. It'll be good though i guess, back with the junta for a week. Though we can't allow ourelves to party much, money shall be at short supply, i guess it'll be good going back to waking the nights. Walking down to Cheddis, ALL of us, just like in our first year. Sit down with lots of cha and cigarettes and talk and talk and talk. Things never turn out the way you want them to though.

I've been re-reading To Kill A Mocking Bird the 'n' th time since i was Jem's age. Its a book that i'm sentimentally attached to. The copy is older than me by 3 years in the least and was gifted by dad to kaku before kaku left for the US. Reading it the first time- around 12 i was then- i didn't understand a lot of it. Those were my Gerald Durrell and Michael Crichton reading days and this was a different, serious novel. But then when i unearthed it 3 years later and read it a second time i fell in love with Atticus Finch. I understood more of it in my second read than my first, and this time i simply marvelled at Harper Lee's amazing ability to paint the racial prejudices deeply engrained in the white community of Maycomb County as seen through a 9 year old girls' eyes.

Saw Serendipity on TV after a long time and can't help being fascinated every time i watch the movie. The vision of New York is magical in the movie. The snow, the shops.... and i love the background score. It evokes wierd but pleasant feelings.

I gotta cut loose now, i'm missing the football match!!

No comments: