Friday, March 31, 2006

It’s been a long time since I've done some wondering around here. Not blogging for a long time leaves you with some problems. Too many things to talk about in one go. Doesn't work too well always.

Ravings and rantings about the village is mostly awl of this post.

A first is up for me next week. Though I did debut in western groups, western vocals will be more percentage of stage area hogged. No, I’m not exactly crazy about it. I think I do a decent job. The modest me says, lets see what happens. The not so modest me is hoping to cause a few upsets. I can promise it shall be memorable.

In other Kgp news, holi was played in colours true to Kgp spirit. Did not try the bhang served in the mess as I felt very holy on the particular day. To avoid sacrificing another t-shirt to the festival I decided to go without one. It was one of my shortest holi yet, as I did not venture out of the hall. Spreading colours in all the wings was satisfying enough.

I haven't been home for over a month now. Not that I miss it. Kolkata is a place I’ve lost touch with in a big way. Friends have all mostly left the place. The para folks are the only ones I meet every weekend that I go back. Till a couple of years back, pujo was the time for old timers. Friends would return to the city and meet-ups planned. Now, my last anchor in the whole scheme of things has gone his way too... Anyways... that shall be extolled upon some other day.

I am home at present. I'm a little worried. I caught myself gazing in awe at all the riveted connections that hold up Howrah bridge. The design of steel structures class has surely had its ill effects on my impressionable mind.

I think I shall exit here as I feel I'm stretching a bad post too far.

6 comments:

Dreamcatcher said...

Detachment?

Gee said...

"Too many things to talk about in one go. Doesn't work too well always."
so true

Acroyali said...

dc- yes.. onektai.

herenow- great to see you! :)

Anonymous said...

wish we could rivet jnb to someplace :(...

Abhijeet said...

well didn't kno u were into bloggin and stuff...well u do write well..u didn't need a nitwit like me to tell ya that..but ur choice of topics interest me

Acroyali said...

koch- hell yeah!!

proffy- yes... me too. i guess i'd prolly feature amongst the first few village related blogs ever! tho now i'm most irregular with posting, i see a whole lot more villagers @ blogspot than ever before. thanks for dropping by and the generous comment :D