Tuesday, June 17, 2008

monsoon

It's pouring away outside. I'm sitting in my room on the terrace catching flashes of lightning illuminate the night outside. Each flash captures a black and white snap of the trees bent over and the raindrops frozen in midair. It's almost as if there's a mountain stream running wild over my terrace. It's a stormy rainy night, the one that's the source of so many stories. And for some reason I'm too excited to sleep!!

Have been filled with this warm fuzzy feeling all evening. Am glad to discover that I can feel that way again. Lost in thoughts of happy possibilities (which I shall keep untainted from the real world, unrealized and perfect); thoughts of trips made together. Discovering a strange ancient city, discovering myself and a stranger. A world of limitless magical possibilities and fantastic adventures.

I realize that sometimes things are so much better in your head. It's so much better to preserve it that way. I'm glad that I can exit the real world and revel in this beautiful make believe place where everything is perfect. Where everything is different from so many things intolerable in reality. I can't word the feelings too well. I wish I could!

I think I absolutely LOVE the rains :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)