Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sea

It's been a wierd weekend. All this while things have been pretty good. Except for a bit of roughish waters at work. And now suddenly I'm all a little downish with a lot of confusing thoughts in my head. Spent two evenings sitting for hours at the sea side. Today the sea was extremely rough. I realized, or maybe it was just a figment of my imagination, that a rough sea has a completely different character to a placid sea. And it can affect the way you feel. A placid sea calms you down. A rough sea spews anger and discontentment. But you must really lose yourself to the moment. You can't allow yourself to be pulled back by the city lying behind you.

I kept sitting looking at the sun go down and then the surging bobbing waters hiding unbroken waves, silvery under the moonlight heading ferociously to the rocks. I've had funny feelings run in my body sitting here on the edge of the Fort looking at the rocks below. The day I'd written my CAT and I came here to sit, I felt I could absolutely do anything in the world. I suddenly felt like I could fly off into the sea, walk over anything in the way, I just felt it... for a brief few seconds. Today I felt that I could with one swipe of my hand erase the whole of the sealink and the pretty Worli skyline beyond it from my view. Only to have the sea and the rocks in my view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so ur somewhat back to posting eh, though i guess it will die down again what with all the pressures at iim.. so are the results out or what?

Acroyali said...

yah i'm kind of back :). been so long talking to you! results... hehe... don't even ask. nothing yet.