Saturday, August 12, 2006

weekend at home...

A post has been long due. There aren't many reasons for the inactivity though. Nothing like being too busy with work or anything. Have preferred reading blogs for a while now. Infact activity on orkut seemingly increased, but I realise I come nowhere close to standard definitions of heavy orkut usage. My scrapcounts have been eclipsed and overshadowed by people who've been on orkut for fractions of time compared to me. I'm bad at it.

Interestingly a whole lot of school friends were found on the network, so a good lot of time was spent in exchanging notes and catching up with everybody. Communities were formed and old school jokes were relived. Social networking is an interesting thing. The theory of Six Degrees of Separation has solid proof now. Orkut also makes you feel old. People in school have orkut id's nowadays.

Final year feels a lot like retirement. Very few classes, a very peaceful time yet. I do have to begin some serious work on my project. It was a sad affair indeed when I was met with a pretty badly maintained computerised triaxial testing machine, it is to be my companion to see me through my btp. Nobody knows how to work it, so I've been given the manual and a duster to begin with.

Since I have Fridays off, I get an extended weekend everyweek. Fortnightly visits are made to Kolkata and Omkara was seen on Friday. I enjoyed every bit... the acting to put it mildly, was superb. A lot of sleep was caught up with too. Back in college, a little bit of football and a lot of pugloo jokes are being used to keep the self busy. Will hopefully keep posting.

3 comments:

M (tread softly upon) said...

Good to see you back :) Obosheshe!

Acroyali said...

m- lovely to see you back at my place :). hope you're ok and wish, whatever it is, it passes soon.

M (tread softly upon) said...

Hey I was never away. And I'm fine. Just dealing with the rollercoaster nature of life in general :) Thanks!
Enjoy the last year in college. It is probably the best year of your life.